“The core message of the diversity movement is a call to recognize and acknowledge that differences and similarities are a fact of life in any group of humans.”
- James O. Rodgers, President and Principal Consultant of The Diversity Coach™
Managing diversity effectively is managing people effectively – and differently than we have in the past. James O. Rodgers founded The Diversity Coach™ to help organizations get 100% effort from 100% of their people 100% of the time by carefully managing and leveraging the differences and similarities that are so rich and abundant in our workplaces.
A pioneer in diversity management, Jim has been in the field longer than any external practitioner, save trailblazer Roosevelt Thomas, and was the first to introduce the concept of diversity management as a key business strategy. His comprehensive, logical approach has helped Coca-Cola, Johnson & Johnson, United Way, Southern Company, and scores of other high-profile clients implement the principles of diversity management and achieve exceptional results.
Jim is a passionate advocate of diversity management; and seeks, through his work to bring discipline to the field so there is clear understanding and consistent work being done to aid organizations in implementing sound diversity strategy. Dedicated to being a resource for those who want to leverage diversity within their organizations, Jim readily shares his insights. He is:
- The author of the influential book, Managing Differently™: Getting 100% from 100% of Your People 100% of the Time.
- A sought-after speaker and facilitator, excelling in interactive settings and “Courageous Conversations.”
- A prolific contributor to journals and trade publications.
- A respected consultant and coach who blends strategy and logic with interpersonal skills and profound respect for the individual.
- The creator of innovative tools and concepts, including CultureScan™ and Deliberate Diversity™, which help organizations develop and implement effective management strategy.
- An engineer, MBA, and the only CMC in the diversity management field.
- An experienced manager and executive. Prior to founding The Diversity Coach™, Jim worked with BellSouth (now AT&T) as Operations Director; Bell Communications Research (now Telcordia) as Director-Licensing; and American Telephone and Telegraphic as District Manager.
- A Howard University graduate with a BS in Electrical Engineering. In addition, Jim has an MBA from the University of Alabama in Birmingham and has completed Business Ethics at the Aspen Institute and Engineering Economics for Executives at Stanford University.
James O. Rodgers has earned the respect of organizations, academics, and fellow diversity management practitioners all over the world for his keen understanding, integrity, and candor. More than a coach, a consultant, a manager, or a leader, Jim is a resource to those interested in diversity management strategy and moving towards a mature understanding of the power of diversity.